Thursday, August 1, 2013

My First Day in School



Early in the morning of August 1, 2013, I went to Poblacion Elementary School for my first day as school head of the said school. Before my arrival at the target destination, I passed by Dayuan Primary School, wherein I previously established an office for administrative tasks, purposely to say some words of challenge and encouragement to the pupils, parents and teachers. They were all happy to see me moving forward with shiny face having full of many new challenges, duties and responsibilities inherent to my newly-elevated position from primary schools to bigger elementary school.

As I reached Poblacion Elementary School, I felt so proud and happy to look at the new faces of parents, teachers and the pupils staring at me while I was talking in front of them  introducing myself and confirming that I am their newly-reassigned school head. After a while, I wandered around the school campus to inspect the school surroundings till I viewed its scenic beauty and landscape. I saw clean and green grasses and different ornamental plants in every classroom. As I continued walking, I heard, saw and felt the joy of the pupils and teachers in their classrooms engaging in their class activities. I entered some of the classrooms to have a short conversation with the pupils and teachers using mixed languages of L1, L2 and L3 with an aim to encourage pupils making a habit of talking to one another by using the mixed language of Mother Tongue, Filipino and English all over the school campus.

Afterwards, I entered my office and sat down the table where I put it into writing all the things that I had seen, felt and experienced, because I remembered the challenge and motivation of our District In-Charge, Sir Samoore S. Ladjahali, ESP-I to improve the communication skills of all teaching and non teaching personnel of Indanan south District through journal writing.

Alhamdulillah, we could start crawling to strive hard and train ourselves to be  bloggers. Never-mind-the-grammar process, indifference on unity and coherence of the composition should not bar my first step towards journey of enhancing my creative writing skills. It is along this step, indeed where an improvement awaits to cure my ill-written composition. I truly believe that the more we practice, the less mistakes would appear.

Thanks, everyone for giving effective comments to improve my writing skills.






 Alyasir A. Hussam, TIC
Poblacion Elem. School







No comments: